MSc (Irrigation and Drainage Engineering) in 1992 and a PhD in 2002 in the same field. He was selected to attend a 6-month international course on Irrigation Engineering and Soil Management in Israel at ARO Bet-de-Gav, Tel-Aviv. Through hard work and dedication, he was awarded a 3-month study fellowship to the International Centre for Tropical Agriculture and Rural Development (CIRAD), France, and was also promoted to Senior Extension Specialist in 1998. He was elected to Senate of Ahmadu Bello University representing Congregation in 1999, a position he held till 2003. On 13th March 2000, he was appointed Zonal Officer for the North-West Zone of NAERLS in charge of 7 states (of Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara). A streak of achievements followed thereafter. In 2003, he was promoted to the rank of Principal Extension Specialist; he was then appointed Deputy Director of NAERLS in 2004 by the Vice Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University. He was nominated by the National Planning Commission to attend a 3-month course on Agricultural Extension Administration and Management in Japan under the auspices of JICA in 2003. He was subsequently promoted to the rank of Extension Professor in 2006. In 2008, he was appointed Executive Director of NAERLS and was, by this appointment, elected by the University Senate as a member of the University Governing Council, the highest organ of university administration. He was appointed to represent the Governing Council in the Central Appointment and Promotion Committee of the University in 2009.
Professional / Certificates Courses
- 2019: International J-Well Higher Education Week for members of the network across the global organized and held at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, USA between 1st To 7th April 2019. Led ABU Zaria team.
- 2019: 34th AVCNU Conference on Prioritizing Quality Assurance: Teaching, Research and Professional Conduct for VCs and Principal Officers of Nigerian Universities organized in collaboration with UI, Ibadan and held between 24th to 28th August 2019. Led ABU Zaria team.
- 2018: International Conference on Postgraduate Supervision Training Programme in Africa held at Panari Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya between 13th to 17th November organized by AnafaAfrica Communications, NGO operating in Kenya. Led ABU, Zaria team.
- 2018: FAO Regional Workshop for appointed international consultants on the Development of Regional Policy and Strategy Document on Irrigation for West Africa held at FAO Regional Office, Accra, Ghana between 22nd -31st May 2018. Participated as the Team Leader of the consulting group.
- 2017: 9th Annual International Symposium on University Ranking and Quality Assurance held in Brussels, Belgium between 22nd to 27th June 2017 and organized by Public Policy Exchange (PPE) a Non-Governmental Organization based in London, United Kingdom and operates within the European Union. Led ABU, Zaria team.
- 2016: International Training of Trainers Program in Agricultural Value Chain Finance (AVCF) organized by African Rural and Agricultural Credit Association (AFRACA) in partnership with Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO) held in Kigali, Rwanda between 1st -5th August 2016.
- 2015: United Nations Department of Safety and Security Basic Security in the Field Course II. Organized under the plat form of Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO). See Certificate attached (18th June 2015).
- 2015: United Nations Department of Safety and Security Advanced Security in the Field Course I. Organized under the plat form of Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO). See Certificate attached (23th June 2015).
- 2014: World Engineering Conference on Sustainable Infrastructure (WECSI) Pre-conference workshop on Business intelligence led by Dr. Amos Baranes of University of Haifa, Israel. Organized by Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO) held between 2-7th November at International Conference Centre, Abuja.
- 2013: International Training of Trainers Program in Agricultural Value Chain Finance (AVCF) organized by African Rural and Agricultural Credit Association (AFRACA) in partnership with CTA and FAO held in Lagos, Nigeria between 17st -30th April 2013.
- 2011: West African Regional Workshop on Integrated Crop and Seed Production System under Irrigation Management in Sub-Saharan Africa, held in Dakar, Senegal, 19-23 October 2011. The workshop was sponsored by Islamic Development Bank (IDB) and organized by International Center of Bio-Agriculture (ICAB) and participating Countries included Nigeria, Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso, Gambia and Sudan.
- 2011: National Workshop on Procurement, Installation, Service, Maintenance and Use of Scientific Equipment (PRISM) organized for Vice Chancellors and Principal Officers, Directors and Deans in Nigerian Universities. The workshop was sponsored and organized by Committee of Vice Chancellors (CVC) in collaboration with MAC-ARTHUR Foundation, held at Chida International Hotel Abuja on 4th and 8th April 2011.
- 2007: Specialized Training Workshop on Agricultural Value Chain Concept and Tools for resource/endowment mapping, prioritization and techniques to identify and engage key actors along the value chains for promoting common business agenda and fostering synergy. Organized by Scientists from CIRAD, France and conducted in NAERLS, ABU, ,Zaria, Nigeria, June 21st -27th.
- August 2006: Specialized Workshop on Resource Mobilization and Techniques of fundraising for Senior Academics and Management staff in ABU, Zaria. Organized by the ABU/Carnegie Corporation Capacity Building Project held at Institute for Development Research (IDR), ABU,Zaria. (Cert attached).
- 2005. National Launch, Conference and Budgeting Workshop organized for management officers of Federal Establishments involve in Research and Development. Organized NIGERIA/UNESCO Project for the Reform and Revitalization of Nigeria’s Science, Technology and Innovation System, held between 2nd to 6th August 2005 at Shehu Yar’Adua Centre, Abuja.
- 2005: International Course on Agricultural Extension Planning and Management for Managers of Research and Development Centres and Extension Organizations in Developing Countries in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Far East and Latin America. Organized by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). Held at Tsukuba and Tokyo International Centers between September 1 and November 4 2005. (Cert attached)
- 2003: Certificate of Attendance for Specialized training on facilitation process for CDD Project Planning, Formulation, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation organized for facilitators in the National Fadama Development Project II (NFDPII) sponsored by Project Coordinating Unit (PCU) of Fed. Min. of Agric. And Rural Development in collaboration with the World Bank, held at Lokoja, Kogi State.
- 2002: Certificate of Attendance for Specialized Introductory Training Course on Principles conceptualization development and Uses of Geographic Information System (GIS) and database as a tool for capturing spatial data for diagnosis of field problems, decisionmaking through negotiation process between different stakeholders and conducted by CIRAD experts from France.
- 2002: Certificate of Attendance for training on participatory needs analysis, conceptual framework, design and development of database and information system for farmers’ use and application in project implementation, monitoring/evaluation and conducted by French experts from CIRADAMIS.
- 2000: Certificate of Attendance for Specialized course on database design development and application in system management, projects analysis, monitoring and evaluation organized and conducted by experts from CIRAD (France) for NAERLS and HJRBDA staff and supported by French Embassy in Nigeria. Held at NAERLS, ABU, Zaria.
- 1999: Certificate of Attendance for Advanced Course on Principles, Uses and Application of Geographic Information System (GIS) organized and conducted by CIRAD at Montpellier, France.
- 1998: Certificate of Attendance for Specialized Training Course on Development of Performance, Impacts, Outputs and Outcomes Indicators of Fadama Development Programme I implemented by ADPs in Nigeria. Organized for resource persons selected to participate in the borrower Implementation Completion Review (ICR), coordinated by APMEU, Kaduna, in collaboration with World Bank..
- 1997: Certificate of Attendance for Computer Appreciation and Application Course for Scientist of NARIs, organized by the NARP Abuja and conducted by Agricultural Projects Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (APMEU), FDA, Kaduna Nigeria.
- 1996: International Advanced Certificate Course on Irrigation and Soil Management for scientists around the world, organized by Institute for Soils and Water, Agric. Research Organisation (ARO), BetDagan, Israel.
- 1995: Certificate of Attendance for Specialized Training Course on Research Grant proposal and project writing for scientists of IAR, NAERLS, NAPRI, FOA, FVM, all of ABU Agric. Complex organized by International Service for National Agricultural Research (ISNAR), Hague, The Netherlands in collaboration with ABU., Agric. Complex, conducted by Prof. Baja as ISNAR Consultant, held in ABU Zaria, Nigeria.
- 1994: Certificate of Attendance at Specialized Training Workshop on Methods and Tools for Diagnosis, Testing and Dissemination of Agricultural Technologies to Farmers for MTRMs Resource Persons and other Scientists from NARIs, organized by the World Bank, FACU, ARMTI and NAERLS, held at Ilorin, Nigeria.
- 1993: Certificate of Attendance at Specialized Training Course on Treadle Pump Design, Fabrication and Principles of Operations for NAERLS Engineers, organized by ATI USAIDNAERLS and conducted by ATIUSA Engineers (led by Engr. Carl Beileberg), at Zaria, Nigeria.